When it comes to deciding what stone you want for your home it can be rather confusing.
Well this is because there’s so many available options at companies such as www.londonstone.co.uk all of which more suitable for different uses and purposes.
Natural stone has become incredibly popular over the recent years and it can actually add more value to your home, so in order to make sure you choose the right natural stone for your garden, we have listed some of the different types and their properties.
Different Types of Natural Stone and Their Properties :
- Granite – Granite if often dark in colour which only really varies from grey to black. Not only this but granite is resistant to dirt and wear and that’s why it is often used on work tops in kitchens.
- Quartzite – Quartzite is one of the harder types of natural stone that is why you find it outside for example to give a rustic finish to a garden.
- Marble – Marble is modern in colour and that is why people prefer using this natural stone in kitchens and bathrooms, not only this but it gives a good finish, and adds value to your home.
- Limestone – There are two different types of limestone, one being hard and the other soft. The soft limestone is commonly used outdoors for example a garden flooring and the harder limestone indoors, this is due to being able to handle heavy-traffic areas.
- Sandstone –This is often used in sunnier places and can be found in rural areas.
- Slate – Slate is often found on outdoor walling due to its rough look.
- Basalt – This is often grey in colour and again most commonly used as outdoor flooring.
There are plenty of stone suppliers where you’re able to get your natural stone from. However, make sure that you research the company you have chosen and ensure you can (a) afford the products and (b) make sure that their reviews are positive.