Los Angeles is a city that should be visited at least once in your life. From the sites to see and the star sightings to the fabulous restaurants, boulevards, nightlife, and museums, Los Angeles is a place where things happen; but, what if you are visiting in your RV rental and want to cut back on costs?
To help you in your quest for fun and entertainment while visiting this famous destination in California, we have compiled our top 5 free activities that you can do without having to spend a dime.
- Spend a day in the sun: Since you are in California, it’s the perfect time for you to go ahead and spend some time at the beach. Los Angeles has a number of beautiful beaches that you can visit for free and you are guaranteed to have a great time. From Santa Monica and Malibu to Hermosa and Manhattan Beach, go ahead and enjoy the water-no one can put a price on that.
- Go hiking: There are several great hiking trails in and around L.A. One of them may interest those who like to visit landmarks or special structures in famous cities and in L.A that would be the Hollywood Sign. For those who are looking for something less touristic, a hike to visit the Griffith Observatory is a great idea, as is Sandstone Peak, which is challenging and beautiful with incredible views that you won’t want to miss.
- Free concerts: If you like music, you will appreciate the fact that there are often free concerts in the summer in L.A. You will be able to enjoy different types of genres, from reggae to jazz, and all of this for free. From concerts during Lummis Day Festival to KCRW Summer Nights, there are plenty of great concerts to check out.
- Museums: Some museums in Los Angeles are always free while others that may typically charge an admission fee offer days or times when you can visit for free. A few that may interest you while you are visiting are:
- Museum of Contemporary Art-This is a place that you will want to see if you are an art fanatic. You can get in for free on Thursdays, between 5-8 p.m.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art-Yet another museum of art, the LACMA is a museum that you may want to check out while you are in L.A. Just make sure to plan your visit to fall on a second Tuesday of the month. If not, you will need to become an L.A resident to be able to see it for free after 3 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Friday-not a bad idea.
- Autry National Center-If you like history and especially history about the wild, Wild West, you will want to visit this interesting museum and since you’ll already be in the area on the second Tuesday of the month, it’s a genius plan.
- Mann’s Chinese Theatre: If you are in the mood for something highly touristic, you should go ahead and wait around with a multitude of other tourists to visit the Mann’s Chinese Theatre to see famous celebrities’ handprints in the courtyard. Make sure to bring your camera and take as many pictures as you want.